Home Student blog

Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) is insurance to assist international students meet the costs of medical and hospital care that they may need while studying in Australia. International students undertaking formal studies in Australia, and their dependents (for example, spouses and children under 18 years old), must obtain OSHC.

OSHC is available for a period of up to five years. If the student’s course exceeds five years in length, then OSHC providers may issue cover for a longer period.

When any student lodges his/ her student visa application, they must provide a receipt or other proof of your OSHC payment. The OSHC should commence when you arrive in Australia.

OSHC is offered by certain insurers under a Deed of Agreement with the Department of Health to provide adequate health insurance to students at a reasonable cost. Only a small number of registered health insurers offer OSHC and they are :

Interested to Study in Australia?

2016 © Uni2go. All rights reserved