Home Student blog

Student Support

All Australian universities have dedicated International Student Support team and will support you from your arrival through to when you become an alumnus of the university.

The aim is to work with you to make your experience at the university positive. Universities understand the challenges international students face as you adjust to a new culture and environment, make new friends, and successfully complete your studies. Be assured you are not alone. There is enough help.

Universities offer you:

  • Free airport reception service on your arrival in Melbourne (this must be pre-booked)
  • An orientation program to assist with your transition to living in Australia and studying at the university
  • Assistance and support on cultural issues, transition to life in Australia, study concerns and general questions
  • Support and encouragement
  • A range of social activities and programs
  • An after-hours contact number.

In addition, there are many consumer protection and support services available for international students. This includes services provided directly by institutions as well as those provided by a range of state, territory and federal government departments.

The ESOS Act :

Australian Government has made some strict laws to protect the rights of international students, these laws are combined together to form Education Services for Overseas students or ESOS framework. This type of unique structure is only found in Australia that assures that international student is well protected.

National Code:

The National Code is a set of nationally consistent standards that govern delivery of courses to overseas students by providers registered on CRICOS – the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for overseas students. Only CRICOS courses can be offered to international students studying in Australia on a student visa.

Tuition Assurance Scheme (TAS):

Tuition Assurance Scheme (TAS) is a scheme approved by the Australian Government Minister for education to ensure that overseas students receive the course they have paid for. If a provider is unable to meet its teaching obligations to a student (for whatever reason) one of the other providers in the scheme will take over teaching the student. There are several TASs and providers must be a member of a TAS and apply for coverage unless they are exempt from joining a TAS

For more details click here:


Interested to Study in Australia?

2016 © Uni2go. All rights reserved