Uni2Go Search By


Search For Course

Search Courses

Study in UK

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) or Britain. It is made up of England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales. The UK is one of the world’s most popular destinations to study higher education, with more than 460,000 international students enrolling each year from all over the world. The UK is home to some of the oldest universities in the world, with some dating back almost 1,000 years.

United Kingdom

  • CapitalLondon
  • LanguageEnglish
  • GDP$ 2.83 Trillion
  • CurrencyPound Sterling
  • Population68 Million
  • Dialling Code+44

Why study in the United Kingdom?

The UK is at the forefront of innovative research and emerging technologies, giving students exposure to insights and experiences that are high in demand around the world. One of the biggest reasons students choose to come to the UK is its world-renowned reputation for academic excellence. The UK universities consistently rank amongst the best in the world.
Academic programs are generally shorter in the UK than many other countries. Students studying in UK can earn a Bachelor’s degree inr three years of full-time study, and complete a Master’s degree course in one year.
In addition to all the above, international students who have successfully completed an undergraduate or master’s degree will be able to get the two years’ work visa (Graduate Route) upon graduation. Students who complete their PhD will be able to stay for three years.
Top 6 reasons for studying in UK
  • Academic Excellence
  • Internationally recognized degrees
  • Shorter duration of courses
  • Vibrant campus life
  • Work while you study
  • Safe and multicultural

The UK Post-Secondary Education System

The minimum age for a student to begin his undergraduate course is 18 years and in Scotland it is 17. Various post secondary qualifications offered by the UK institutes can be broadly classified as:
Programs Duration
Higher National Certificate (HNC) or Diploma (HND) Level 4 & 5 1 to 2 years
Foundation Degrees (Level 5) 1 to 2 years
Bachelor's (Level 6) 3 years
PG Certificate or Diplomas (Level 7) PG Certificate or Diplomas (Level 7) 7 to 12 months
Master's (Level 7) 1 year to 1.5 years
Research Degrees (PhD, MPhil, DPhil) (Level 8) 2 to 4 years


Universities in the UK follow an academic calendar that begins in September and ends in July.
There are three (3) intakes available in UK :
Fall : The Fall intake starts in the month of September/ October and this is the primary intake. Its also a popular intake for Indian students.
Winter : Starts in January, this intake is for students who missed their chance in Fall
Summer : This starts usually in April or May. This intake is only offered by few institutes for limited programs

Popular fields of Study in UK

  • Img

    Business & Management

    Human Resource Logistics & Supply Chain Accounting / Finance Business Marketing Digital Technology Mgmt
  • Img

    Engineering & Technology

    Automotive Engineering Mechanical Engineering Electronic Engineering Civil and Structural Engineering Environmental Engineering
  • Img


    Information Systems Data Science Communication & Networking Computer Science Cyber Security
  • Img

    Creative Arts

    Animation Games Art Film & Television Studies Graphic Design Screen writing
  • Img

    Education & Social Services

    Early Childhood Education Leadership Education Health & Social care International Relationships
  • Img

    Hospitality & Tourism

    Hotel & Resort Management Commercial Cooking Baking & Patisserie Tourism Management

Popular Universities

  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img
  • Img

Student Visas

All students from India who want to study in UK need to obtain a student visa. This visa allows you to study for up to five years (depending on the length of your course) in one of UK university or institute.

All Indian students who want to study in UK will need a Student Visa . The Student visa application must be submitted online using the official UK government website

Students can apply for the visa (3) months before the start of their course date. The student visa is sponsored by the institution / university that the student will be studying at. List of institutions that are licensed to sponsor students are listed here.( Register of licensed sponsors: students - GOV.UK (
All students must also have received an unconditional offer also known as Conformation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) by a licensed student sponsor before they can apply.
An overview of study visa application requirements is included below:

English language requirements

You’ll have to provide with an evidence of proficiency in the English language when you apply for your visa. This usually means passing a secure English language test. (like IELTS). UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have minimum English language requirements for reading, writing, listening and speaking according to your level of study.

Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS)

You must have a CAS before making an application as student. A CAS is an electronic document that your college/university issues when you accept the offer. The CAS is stored on the database that Home Office can see

Biometric residence permit

You must also obtain a biometric residence permit (BRP) from the UKVI. You will need to make an appointment with the UKVI office in your city to have your fingers and thumbs scanned and a digital photo taken of your face.

Immigration Healthcare Surcharge (IHS)

You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. This IHS helps to fund the UK healthcare system, and gives students access to free healthcare while living in the UK

Documents required for UK Student Visa

When applying for your student visa , you will generally need:
  • A current passport
  • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
  • Passport-sized colour photographs
  • Proof of English Language Test
  • Evidence of funds for your tuition fee and living expenses for the duration of your course
  • Proof of Immigration Health surcharge fee
  • Tuberculosis screening (if required)
  • Assessment documentation
  • Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance certificate (if required)
Additional documents may also be needed if you are:
  • Under 18 years of age
  • Have family (dependents)
It costs £348 as the application fee for the student visa at present. Also, you must pay £348 per person for any dependants included in the application.

Working while you study in UK

International students studying at undergraduate and postgraduate level with a valid student visa are currently permitted by law to work a maximum of 20 hours each week during term time and unlimited hours during holiday breaks.

Ideal jobs for students

The flexible hours and large number of opportunities in these industries make these ideal for students:
  • Retail - including supermarkets, department stores, boutiques
  • Hospitality - cafes, bars, restaurants, delivery
  • Farming and fruit-picking - seasonal work
  • Services – childcare, aged care and cleaning
  • Administration and clerical work
  • Tutoring

For more details Click Here


  • How much will it cost to Study in UK?

    The course fee at most UK universities or institutes is relatively affordable compared to many other countries. Tuition fee may be different from institute to institute and may depend on the type of qualification and university or institute you opt for. Below we have outlined the approximate range of annual tuition fees:
    Study Level Average Fee (Indicative)
    Diploma / Advance Diplomas £ 8000 to 14000 per year
    Undergraduate £ 10,000 to 17,000 per year
    Masters £ 10,000 to 20000 per year
    MBA £ 19000 to 21000 per year
    Doctoral & Phd £ 13000 to 30000 per year
    Apart from the above Living Expenses in UK are:
    • For Indian students staying in London, an average of £1,265 per month is required as living expenses according to UKVI
    • For Indian students staying in other parts of the UK require a minimum of £1,015 per month as living expenses
    Annual living costs for Indian students in the UK may therefore come up to £12,000 - £15,000 in addition to their tuition fees
  • Do UK universities accept 10+2+3 education system of India?

    Yes, the Indian 10+2+3 system is accepted by all institutes as entry into any post graduate (PG) programs.
  • Which English language tests are accepted by UK institutions?

    The following English language tests are commonly accepted for entry into degree-level courses:
    • International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
    • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Internet-Based Test (IBT)
    • Trinity College's Integrated Skills in English (ISE)
    • Pearson Test of English (PTE)
    • Cambridge Advanced Certificate in English (CAE)
    • Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
    • English Language GCSE, A-level or IB
    What is CAS ?
    CAS stands for Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies and is an electronic document that your institute/university issues when you accept the offer and fee is paid. The CAS is stored on the database that UK Home Office can see. UK student visa regulations require that the institute/university sponsor your application for student visa and CAS will confirm this. This is a very important document if you are planning to study in UK.
  • Can I work part-time while studying in UK?

    Yes , international students with a student visa are allowed to work while studying in the UK. The number of hours a student is allowed to work will depend on the level of the education they’re pursuing. This allows to learn new skills and earn money while studying.
    Students studying at degree level and above (Bachelors or PG Masters) can work for a maximum of 20 hours in any given week. If they are studying below degree level, they may work up to 10 hours in a given week.
    During vacation period or holiday breaks students are allowed to work full-time.
  • After completing studies can I work in UK?

    There are lots of options available to international students who want to stay and work in the UK after completion of their studies. From summer 2021, The Graduate Route will be available to international students who have a valid student visa at the time of application and have successfully completed a degree at undergraduate level or above at a Higher Education Provider with a track record of compliance.
    Students successfully completed an undergraduate or master’s degree. on this route will be able to stay and work, or look for work, in the UK at any skill level for a maximum period of two years (24 months) , for PhD graduates will be able to stay for three years. Graduates will be able to switch into skilled work once they have found a suitable job.

    For more details Graduate Route

    In addition to the above Students with a UK Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or another postgraduate qualification may apply for the Skilled General Work Visa if they have been offered a skilled job in the UK by a licensed employer.

    For more details Skilled Worker Visa

  • Are there any scholarships available for me to study in UK?

    There are many scholarships available to Indian students wanting to study in the UK given by UK government, private non profit organisations and the universities. Mostly these scholarships are merit based and the amount available can vary. Certain research programs may provide up to 100% of the tuition fee waiver besides covering a part of your living expenditures. In addition almost all UK universities and colleges have their own list of scholarships for Indian students.
    You may experience lot of competition when you apply for government scholarships in comparison to the university scholarships.
    Here is the list of some popular government scholarship programs you can apply to study in the UK as an Indian student: